When the Executive Leadership Team developed and defined our core values several years ago we took special pains to also define how this manifests itself in the workplace both for the company and those who work there. Here's where we landed (taken from "The Thomas Nelson Way" orientation manual):
"We honor God in Everything We Do." This means:
- We seek God's direction in all that we do.
- We give God the glory for our successes.
- We take responsibility for our weakness and failures.
- We honor our commitments, even when ti is difficult, expensive, or inconvenient.
- We tell the truth even when it is uncomfortable.
- We treat our employees, authors, vendors, customers and competitors with respect.
- We offer God our best, most creative work and leave the results to Him.
- We thank God in all things, regardless of our circumstances.
Next topic: What is means to "Serve Others" at Thomas Nelson.